Yesterday I posted the picture above asking for guesses of where the car is located. There were a lot of great guesses and some people got it right!
The car is located in the OutPost area in the World Showcase at Epcot. Other popular guesses were the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Hollywood Studios and by Kilimanjaro Safaris in Animal Kingdom.
The Outpost area is situated between China and Germany in the World Showcase. Originally this area was supposed to be an Equatorial Africa pavilion. Unfortunately, that pavilion was never built and the Outpost was put in its place.
The area may not be as big as the pavilions, but it’s definitely worth a stop. You can get food here, do some shopping, and stop to look at the views across World Showcase Lagoon. There is also some seating here, so you can take a break from your journey around the world, sit, and relax.
If you are hungry and want something quick while you are in the Outpost area, swing by the Refreshment Outpost. You can take advantage of that seating, mentioned above, to enjoy your snack.
Refreshment Outpost Menu Items
- All-Beef Hot Dog
- Soft-serve in a Waffle Cone
- Frozen Minute Maid Slushy
- Frozen Coca-Cola Slushy
- Fountain Drinks
- Bottled Water
- Hot Cocoa
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Safari Amber
- Yuengling Draft
- Hot Cocoa – with Amarula Cream Liqueur
- Frozen Brown Elephant – Frozen Coca-Cola and Amarula Cream Liqueur
- Bud Light
- Old Elephant Foot IPA
- Mango Starr – Mango Puree and Starr African Rum
- Outpost Lemonade – Frozen Minute Maid Lemonade and Absolute Vodka
The Outpost area also has some shopping and a couple of other activities for guests to enjoy.
- Village Traders – An open-air market place with lots of fun things to look at. Guests will find different African-themed musical instruments, wood carvings, and soapstone sculptures here.
- Face Painting
- Drums – The area next to the Refreshment Outpost has drums that guests can play. This is also where the car in the picture is located.
So the next time you are making your way over the bridge from China to Germany, make sure to stop and look around the Outpost area. The area may be small, but it’s got a lot to see!
Have you stopped to look around the Outpost area?
Thanks for reading!